Any opinion or feedback on the NAIM UnitiServe or UnitiCore?

Have a few hundred CDs and I'm loking to transition to a NAS based system and the NAIM units have caught my eye. Please share your thoughts or comments on them. How is their interface? Is the UI on the app adequate or is it horrible? I just want to be able to connect it to my main system and listen there. I don't need to stream to other parts of the house or do any complex setups.
TIA
jcatral14

Showing 2 responses by tomic601

some additional thoughts....
again I have a 2TB uniti and a Pardo linear PSU with ratger extensive HRS isolation / damping I also have a big RAID NAS for backups

i will caution that unfortunately you must have a PC or MAC in the network somewhere because the NAIM backup scheduler ( desktop client) does not run on an ipad or surface ( maybe things have changed ...?....

ripping is drop dead easy
but you must take caution when ripping in a large collection - duty cycle on ripper is low and tge tgermal loads are high ( one dead Uniti )

the SQ via SPdif is quite good but is quickly being eclipsed by Tidal MQA thru the PC i have to have to run the desktop client

support via the Canadian distributer has been excellent - tgey were able to remote in to my network and get backup working

local dealer support is competent - they even shipped me an ISO image file for a software upgrade....

but i am shopping
ROON and MQA are important to me

as is ease of use...
i have a Naim 2TB Uniti with a Pardo linear PSU. it is hyper easy to use when everthing goes well. I would suggest selecting a dealer who can get it up and running on your network including the backup to NAS. 
the SQ via SPDIf is fantastic and Radio Paradise at 320 kb is excellent.
i stream more and more thru Tidal now via usb but the Uniti is an excellent server with a bit perfect ripper.