any new Beatle fans because of the remasters?

gotta admit that the beatles were never really my cup of tea. they were a little before my time but i do remember my older sisters jamming to them when i was very young. thought they were ok and liked a few of their cuts but was never really a fan. i did have a huge amount of respect for them but never really "liked" their music.

all this remaster talk got me to try a couple of the discs recently (white album and revolver). couldn't believe how much i enjoyed them!. maybe i never gave them a chance in the first place?. maybe my tastes have matured/changed?. maybe the recording sound alot better??. most likely it's a combo of all of the above. regardless....i'm really "liking" them now. defiantly gonna buy a few more or maybe even the box set.

better late then never

anyone else a new fan?
levy03
ok...i get it now. no sweat. not a problem or sabotage as long as we're having fun.

leave it to a greenhorn to step into a mine field =).

i would agree that living through the entire experience would add to the understanding of what the Beatles were and meant to many folks. would have loved to check it out but was a few years late.

i do remember the giant leather peace sign emblems my sisters wore around their necks. you shoulda seen my dads face!. what a hoot! =)
Bongofury: "only the Beatles can claim the impact of dominating and defining a decade in the fashion that they did. You will never see that again, as music tastes now are highly fragmented and there is no persistent genre tied to this generation."

Very well stated. No one else will again attain that monolithic shaping of music and culture because Western culture itself has become diverse, multicultural, decentralized.

As for me...I was too young to appreciate the Beatles in their time. I remember listening to them as a kid in the sixties and liking their more accessible material, but the complex stuff didn't resonate with me. I remember listening to Abbey Road and liking it, but my favorite song was "Octopus's Garden", so that gives you an idea of my mental development at that time.

It wasn't until my early teens that I realized there was an entire alternate music world out there...

Since buying the remasters, I have definitely discovered a new-found musical appreciation for this seminal band.

It's incredibly hard to create true art that speaks to people. How many authors write more than one great book? How many directors have more than one great movie? How many bands are even one-hit wonders, let alone create one good album, let alone produce an entire series of great songs and great albums.

The Beatles a true anomaly, a group comprised of talented musicians and brilliant songwriters who came together and became an artistic, political and social phenomenon unlike anyone before or since.

Like them or not, none of us remain untouched by their influence.
"...none of us remain untouched by their influence. "

Not even Chasmal. He is not a pop/rock music guy in general I'm inferring from his posts, but subconciously, I believe he really likes them more than he will admit and is in denial.

What say you, Chasmal?
Yeah, I like some of the Beatles later material. I intensely dislike the early stuff.
I just think there was much better rock n roll from that period, and I think their influence is blown out of all proportion. But yeah, I like them all in all.