Any feedback on the Graham Phantom

Does anyone own a Phantom? Can you share experiences.
How long did you have to wait to get yours?
yagbol2
Hello fellas...
You're right, Sirspeedy - I really WAS going to go off-line on the discussion after my initial postings. I have an awful lot to do, and as fun as these pages can be, they can also take a lot - too much! - time away from duties. But I wanted also to appear responsive to questions and so I wrote again. But now I really have to take a break (although I'll continue to watch from time to time) and get these Phantoms ready for those of you who want them! (Wouldn't you prefer it that way??) And it seems as if you're answering the questions among yourselves just fine.
One last technical detail to keep in mind: the Magneglide is a full-time stabilizer, for use whether the record is flat as a board or warped as a potato chip (well, let's be realisitic here - maybe not THAT warped). It's job is to hold the neutrally-balanced tonearm assembly in the correct, upright, position during all playback activity. And it also provides a decoupled anti-skate force, which allows for total mechanical separation of the anti-skate mechanism and the tonearm assembly itself.
If I spot something that's WAY off the mark, I'll interject..
I hope I will be at the HE2005, but probably not for the whole time; I suspect it will end up being just Saturday and Sunday... But if I do make it there, will look foward to saying hi on those days...
Thanks for the nice words, all of you... It's much appreciated!
- Bob
HiBigdog,

Please correct me if I am wrong as I am not too adept with how different arms work. My question is the anti-skating abilities of the Phantom vis-a-vis the 2.2. If you read my prior post to Mr. Graham in order to stop the 2.2 from swinging inward lead weights were added in the anti-skate which worked (cart tracking force 3.8gms) I was wondering if this situation was presented to the Phantom and how it will compensate. again we tried the same cart with a Wheaton Tri-Planar VII and it just didn't counter thus rendering the cart cannot be used with the Wheaton because it seemed a lot of lead had to be added and the arm kept swunging at a very fast pace inwards. We don't want our cantilevers crooked over time and thinking if playing records that the drag is uneven.

However, carts with much lesser tracking force, say 2.0-2.9 grams can take it with a breeze. What I can worried about are carts with much heavier tracking force like the one I have now
Yagbol2, I have no clue, never owning the 2.2. I have never heard of using a 3.8 gram tracking force. Good luck. Wouldn't that high of a tracking force wear out your records prematurely? Maybe someone else can help.
Sirspeedy:

I finally took the plunge and purchased the Phantom. The Phantom works well with my 8 gram Helikon (I recall you have a 7 gram cartridge and had some compatibility concerns).

The Phantom was installed over the weekend. It has less than 10 hours of run-in time. However, preliminary indications are promising to say the least, since I have not yet optimized the azimuth, VTA, anti skating, damping fluid, etc. All musical parameters stepped up a notch with the Phantom. I am particularly impressed with the speed of transients and the clarity of instruments at the rear of the sound stage. So far, I would characterize the sound as detailed and coherent, bold yet suave.

Incidentally, I am using the Phantom on an Oracle Delphi MKV SE with a Helikon cartridge.
Gmorris,Wow,you have a really great memory.I'm happy for you,in that you love the Phantom(actually,what's not to love?).I saw it at HE-2005,and it seems to be a fine product.Good luck!!Actually,my latest little project is tube rolling my phono section.With the price of some NOS tubes,you can almost buy a new Phantom.How sad is that???