anthony gallo av reference vs usher be 718

While i realise they are very different speakers I am looking aboth as replacements for my current set up.
I havea harmon kardon av 635 av receiver driving Jamo studio art and jamo centre speaker with an infinity subwoofer with 8 in driver .
Initially I was looking at a separate stereo set up with the ushers and a cayin 88t integrated amp which Iheard together sounding great .
However I am also looking at the Anthony Gallo as my current location is on a wall with a shelf on either side of the speakers
According to the Gallo literature they are designed to work well against a wall,while the ushers wouls probably need stand mounting and as such woulkd be more intrusive in my room
So
1 as pure stereo speakers do the gallo stack up against the usher if driven by harmon kardon amp or the cayin?
2 how will the gallo sound wall mounte d but with a shelf by their side ?
The plan would be to get matching centre speaker in brand chosen
valverocks

Showing 2 responses by bostonbean

Just because Mr. Sthomas does not like the Gallo's doesn't necessarily mean they are bad speakers. Different strokes for different folks.
I will grant that the Gallo 3.1's do not sound pleasant during the first 20-80 (give or take) hours of initial break-in and the Gallo folks actually admit that. The whole break-in period takes around 120-150 hours and that is at consistently very loud volumes. All of a sudden everything will just pop into place and you will hear one of the best imaging and most transparent speakers out there. Regarding image height well they are only 3 feet tall. I sit down when I listen to music so stage height is fine for me. I suppose they would not be considered party speakers but they do carry more than enough volume for my taste and my neighbors taste. That is all I have to say on the Gallo's.

I love electostatic/planar speakers and I would like to go to them but they just overwhelm a room unless you have a pretty big room. I live in a condo in downtown Boston so space is at a premium.

Regarding the Ushers 6 Moons is a big fan and I don't discount their reviews. They are a big reason I gave the Gallo's a shot.