Anthem STR preamp vs Integrated amp preamp section

Hi all, I'm having trouble really finding good info about this.

I currently have the Anthem STR Integrated Preamp.  But wondering if I should sell it and just get the STR preamp and use my PS Audio m700 amps.

My main question is, what are the main differences in the preamp sections?  Different dac?  Different processing?

I'm not totally comfortable understanding everything on their spec sheets.

Thanks
dtximages
@dtximages, I have no interest in streaming?  I want a direct digital connection  via lightning to USB to the STR DAC.

Regards
Are you asking me a question?  You want a direct connection from your iPhone to your Anthem STR?
Op, did you ever end up making the switch? I'm sort of in a similar dilemma and I would love to hear if you noticed any sonic differences after you made the switch. 

Best,

Ming
@macming  I did make the switch. I am very happy with the STR preamp! Especially with the PS Audio M700 amps.  These are not in my trade/sell rotation.  I go through a lot of gear and I don't tell people locally I have these because i dont want to give them up.

That said, I cannot honestly say that I actually HEAR a difference in the pre/dac section.  Anthem claims they use much better parts etc and maybe they do, but how audible is that?  I wouldn't say "night and day" and you won't hear any difference if you're using a bad source, have a poor room, or speakers that aren't up to par.

So, I THINK I have improvement yes..  Some systems might show it more. But, the integrated amp is stunningly good for an integrated.