Amplifier for Wilson Audio Alexia V

Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions!

Getting a new pair of Alexia V in early 2023 and trying to decide on a new amplifier for them.  Currently running Mark Levinson 33H monoblocks but given their age I'm assuming a new amp would be a better fit.

I'm trying to scale back the size of my audio rack so a stereo amp is preferred or maybe even an integrated amp. 

This system is also used for my main living area TV/Movie watching so I'm worried tubes wouldn't last very long otherwise I would include Audio Research and others

Options Level 1 $10k-$30k

McIntosh MC462, MA12000, MA9500 - House sound and good re-sale value

Luxman M-10X, L-507Z - seem to be trending right now

Pass Labs XA30.8 (not enough power?), XA larger units are all monoblocks - Class A could be too revealing or harsh with Wilsons?

Gryphon Diablo 300 - don't know much

Options Level 2 $30k+

Dan D'Agostino Progression S350 or Momentum S250 MxV - very popular and assume would be the best or very close to the best sound if the budget allows

Lamm M1.2 (I use to see Lamm at all the shows) 

darTZeel CTH-8550 Integrated 

Boulder 1160, 2160 (probably over budget)

Thank you everyone!

chauncey

Showing 2 responses by carey1110

@chauncey Ok so I own the Alexx Vs and I’ll tell they are truly amazing. The Alexia V is going to be similar just a little smaller scale. The D’Agostino s250 would be an amazing combo. Of course your source and preamp would have to be considered. What is your main source? However if I were you I’d drop them right in with you current system, you may be surprised. If you want to save space there’s nothing better that the D’Agostino MXV, drop dead gorgeous, small and sound fantastic. On the larger side, some of the older Krells do amazingly well if you’re trying to save $$. I’ve been using a Krell 300c but today I just purchased a D’Agostino s250 stereo but won’t have it till January. My vote would be the D’Agostino then the Boulder. Between those its just personal taste and cost.  You should try talking to Dave at JS Audio, they carry both D’Agostino and Boulder, Audio Research and more. Dave is very knowledgeable when it comes to Wilson.