Amp Upgrade time, $6000 budget, used or new.

Amp upgrade time!!! What’s the most badass amp I can get for $6000 New or used. 
I’m currently bi amping my Martin Logan’s with an old mc7106. I want to move up. I’m not glued to biamping this time around, I just do it now because my gear is my gear, ya know? 

I would like fully balanced. 
So please help me pick my next big boy amp. 
Treated room. Speaker:
martin Logan esl x , rel t7i pair 
Preamp:
 t+a P3000hv
dac / phono
t+a DAC 8 DSD / nova phenomena 2+
streamer, tuner, Tt
metrum Ambre , marantz 20b, marantz tt15s1 
ic and power
synergistic. 

andrewkelley

Showing 8 responses by andrewkelley

Wow thanks y’all. I’ve got an email in to sanders, I’m also going to look at pass and Bryston. That dna on audiomart looks awesome too 
@georgehifi  are the jc1 a big step up from my McIntosh? I did have my eye on those. 
I’m also looking at t+a amp8 
I should mention That I don’t tend to listen loud and I love soundstage and ambiance. I like to put on an album after getting my ass kicked all day at work and just float away..... makes me think tubes????? But, I like incredible detail and pinpoint soundstage with height and depth, so I basically just want as close to perfect as I can get for my budget. Who doesn’t? 
@smer319 i called you when I was in the market to buy the p3000 hv (which I now own) and you hung up on me. 
arctikdeth I think I’m gonna skip on the Magtech. I have no doubt it can drive the snot out of my Martin Logan’s... and I bet it can play loud as all get out, but I’m not going for crazy loud, and I don’t want to blow my speakers.

I’ve got an opportunity to get a pair of t+a amp8 for just under $5500. Same as a Magtech price wise. They also are a high voltage designed circuit so they should do well with the panels, I already have invested in speaker cables and ic for my current bi amp setup so I can bi amp again plus there’s a synergy w my DAC and preamp.