Amp upgrade over BAT VK-500??

Hello All, Now I've gone and done it. I've upgraded to a point that I'm not sure where I should go next. Here's my system: Sonic Frontiers T3/P3, BAT VK-50SE, BAT VK-500, Dynaudio Confidence 5s with Nordost Quattro Fil ICs and Cardas Golden Cross Speaker Cables. I love the sound, but I suspect that the VK-500 is now the weak link in the system. Are there any amps in the $5k range (used) that I should be looking at or should I just throw in the towel now? I have a large room and the C5s require a lot of juice. Thanks.
metaphysics

Showing 2 responses by metaphysics

Accujim, Funny to note that I actually bought the VK-500 from you a few months back! My local dealer carries Lamm so I'll demo if possible. Thanks.
Actually, I considered something similar. I could sell my VK500 for $3k and BUY some VK1000 monoblocks for $4.5k or so. However, I'm not sure if power is all that is lacking. Can the extra dough buy more detail, presence, musicality, rather than just more power. I'm not saying that any of this is lacking in the BAT stuff, but just curious as to what I should be listening to and for.