Amp recommendations for Joseph Audio Perspectives2

I bought a pair of Joseph Audio Perspectives (Graphene 2 upgraded) and they will arrive next week. I am looking for amp recommendations now.

Currently I am using prism sound DA1 as source, Schiit freya + as tube pre. I also have a CJ pv5 tube pre and really enjoyed the Conrad Jonhson midrange presentation. I am thinking of upgrading the pre to higher end CJ line in near future (like a used CJ GAT?).

Previously I was using only SS amps with tube pres in ATC speaker system since they have a hard load. I tried a bunch of SS (Krell 402e, Pass xa30.8, Nord nc500, Benchmark ahb2, Mivera 1200), they all sounds nice in their own way but I feel the piece that makes the most difference in my system is the CJ pv5 tube pre. It brings out the 3d soundstage and liquid mids that I was looking for with each amp it paired with.

I love rich liquid golden midrange. So for amp, should I use a tube amp to achieve this goal? I searched around the discussions and what is available in the used market and a couple that interest me now are:

VAC Renaissance 70/70 Mk III
Jadis defy -7 Mk 2
VAC Phi 200
Conrad Johnson Premier 12 (NA in used market now, only a premier 140)

I prefer stereo unit to monoblocks. It will be even better if the amp can produce less heat. I live in CA and it is pretty hot in the summer. But if I have to go that route to get the best sound I want, then it is what it is.

Any recommendation (not necessarily to be the amps mentioned above, can also be ss) or advices are welcome.  
128x128yuhengdu_tiger

Showing 1 response by yabe1951

I would add to the suggestion that McCormack be a consideration. I do not know the current requirements/load presented by the Joseph Audio Perspectives, but the DNA 1 with mods that include the Plitron transformer, will correctly drive almost any load that it sees. In my experience, the SMc modifications place these amps in the top class of SS products that are "reasonably" priced. They play well with tube preamps so long as you match the impedances. Steve McCormack may be able to assist with that if you are not sure. Mine are ARC Ref 3 balanced to SMc DNA 1 Ultra Platinum driving Thiel 3.6s (tough load). Further, perhaps Jeff Joseph can offer guidance if you give him a call. Finally, set up and positioning of high slope 1st order crossover speakers is fussy. Take your time and enjoy the music. Your system should be really, really good!