Amp recommendations for Hifiman HE1000 V2

I am looking for some recommendations regarding an AMP to pair with the HE1000 V2. I tend to lean slightly to a neutral, warm presentation. I know folks love the Liquid Platinum and Topping A90 for the Arya. Not sure if these translate well to the HE1000 V2.

Thanks everyone.
soundbyjordan

Showing 4 responses by soix

I have the Hifiman HE400S so am somewhat familiar with the house sound, and if I’m you I’d be looking hard at the Singxer SA-1 amp. At only $599 it’s a fully balanced, Class-A design with plenty of power and exhibits the sound qualities you’re looking for, and you’d probably need to spend quite a bit more to get something significantly better. I believe your ‘phones come with balanced connectors so you’ll get the full benefits of the balanced design right out of the box.  Hope this helps, and best of luck.

@clavace No, that’s not a good match at all. The HE1000 v2 is rated at 35 Ohms and 90dB that makes it a pretty tough load, and the Chord only puts out 600mW @ 30 Ohms that is not nearly enough to power these headphones effectively. Here’s a quote from the stereonews.net review of the Mojo 2…

“However, it needs to be said that once you are approaching its upper power levels, it will start clipping, heavily distorting its bass output and massively shrinking the stage size. I’ve got clipping with LCD-4 and Susvara and Arya Stealth wasn’t as airy sounding as I like”

These outstanding headphones really require a good standalone amp to get the best out of them. If you share what sound characteristics you’re looking for you can get some excellent recommendations here for amps that will properly drive your headphones in a way that meets with your specific tastes. Just my $0.02 FWIW.

I have the Arya Stealths and I don’t think the Chord will let them completely open up as per the stereonews.net review, but the MM-500 may well work fine if you like their sound profile.