Amp for Vintage Heresy

Hey All,

I just picked up a pair of Heresy 1s for my home office / creative studio. 

Currently I’m running a WiiM Pro plus to a NAD 316bee. 
It sounds fine but it could be better. needs more Pratt!

I listen to classic rock, acoustic and good country and stream on Qobuz,

Considering either going vintage (maybe a restored dynamo st-70 , a SET 300b (maybe chinahifi), or something else…

like schiit Freya+ and Aegir , push pull el34 or kt88 integrated, or recommend something!

I’m not happy with the WiiM so considering getting a Allo Katana Player  

My reference system which I like is Nola Boxer s3, Tsakiridis Aeolos Plus, Schiit Bifrost2, Allo DigiOne Signature, Project Debut Carbon Evo, Projrect Phono

thanks guys!

dynamic_driven

Some good recommendations above. There are so many great solid state power amps available that tubes should be left for preamps and sources, ime, if you want some warmth and coloration. You need to damp the mid and high frequency horns and the woofer baskets using a Dynamat type material and use self-adhesive sealing tape (used for doors/windows) for the rear panels (between the cabinets and rear panels for a better cabinet seal. Upgrade the crossovers using Crites, get a fast subwoofer (or two), and experiment with raising them off the floor with good solid stands (I prefer the Heresy elevated). BTW, I consider myself quite knowledgeable and experienced with Klipsch, specifically the Heritage line. If PRAT is important to you, solid state is the way to go. You need to determine what sq attributes and characteristics are most important to you. My best, MrD.

Overall I agree with @mrdecibel but really did enjoy a Tube Amp and Tube Pre with my Heresy 1's .  I even ran a Tube DAC with them to take some of the brightness out as they were usually  in smaller room.  My son now has them and uses an old but fully restored solid state Luxman 100U and I was pleasantly surprised how well they sounded.

The crossovers were updated by Crites . I sent them in and they were reasonable to ship and have them do the work correctly. I sent the crossovers in only, not the speakers.

A friend of mine has vintage Heresy speakers paired with a Fisher 500C receiver. It's a good match. It's not a high-end audiophile system but it's fun to listen to. He has a bar in his basement and this system along with a pool table. Great system for the environment.

500c (fisherdoctor.com)