Amp for Magnepan "Mini-Maggies"

I am planning to use a Mini-Maggie system as a whole-room setup as per the discussion in TAS (link below). I wondered if anyone has tried this and if so, what size amp they used - or would recommend? I was planning on driving them with a Parasound Halo A23 (225 Watts/channel at 8 ohm & 45 amperes peak per channel) but wondered whether this would suffice. Maggies always prefer more power but the discussion about using the Mini Maggie system in a whole room setup specifically mentions the need for a powerful amp. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome!

globalkiwi

Thanks for the input holmz and mesch. I haven’t had the chance to set it up yet - I am in the midst of moving house. I will definitely use the A23 before considering a new amp but wanted to get some feedback on the experience of others driving Mini Maggies. Sometimes, you don’t know something could sound much better without either hearing about other’s experiences or listening to the same speakers in a different setup (the latter isn’t possible, for me hence the thread)..

^100%^

But… If the A23 is good, then resist chasing a rainbow, and just enjoy the new house.
You have all the time later to try and find something else.

I have a pair of A23s among the components I should sell.  I thought they sounded a bit anemic compared to the A21s.  I eventually moved to JC-1s for mains and used the A23s for surround.  If you can manage it, I'd look for a used A21, a really nice amp.

I just moved countries and had to sell all my existing gear - including JC-1s, A51, A23s, etc. The A21 is about the only Halo power amp I haven't owned. If I am un-wowed by the A23 I will maybe try one in the new setup.