American Made Audio Products

I just came upon this and wondered if anyone else has seen this website. I try to support the home team when I can so this is interesting, at least as a resource, and not a sales tool. I apologize in advance if I’m late to the game on this but interesting to hear anyones thoughts, knowledge, etc. Thanks. https://americanmadeaudio.com/

128x128dinov

I always try,to buy American made whether it's a tool or piece of audio gear.  My tool box is full of American tools and my rack is filled with American components 

McIntosh ls assembled in America 🇺🇸 but all parts are from 3rd world countries..

Several moons ago working while in college I landed a dream job, working in the only high end shop in town, The Speaker Shop in NE Ohio. All the awesome perks of the job made it great. Fun customers, study while working, listen to music all day and all the Irish coffee you can drink. All while surrounded by great domestic and UK gear. Our area is solidly union leaning. GM one of the bigger employers in the area.

One day a customer comes in he is looking to begin getting into hifi. I put together a couple of nice systems and he listens. Impressed he picks out a really nice pair of speakers, TDL reference monitors, he’s fine with the fact that they are from the UK. But then we get stumped for power. He does not believe that Cary Audio is truly a US company, it’s not in a book he has from his trade union. Frustrated he leaves the shop without the gear he liked. Next day he returns, he’s made some calls and is now satisfied the Cary is made here in the US. He happily apologized and picks up his new system.

It mattered to him as a customer and us as a store, the US makes some of the best designed and built hifi in the world. There are also countless companies from other countries that do as well no doubt about it. But when I buy, my first checkbox is does it sound great, my second is where was it built..

I felt the need to elaborate somewhat. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of high quality gear out there made all over the world. There are components that a particular country just seems to have a knack for and I will buy them. However it do try to be aware when I spend. Careful to promote through my dollars, companies and or countries that pay workers livable wages.