Amazon just killed Tidal

Today Amazon released Amazon Music Unlimited HD streaming for $12.99 per month for  Amazon Prime members.

There is a free trial.

Streaming is in CD and High Rez quality!

50 million songs!

Just started my subscription. More info later.
don_c55
Seems like a quick reaction saying Amazon killed Tidal.
i took the 90 day free trial and okay Amazon is decent and cheaper which may be enough to tip the scales for lots of folks,

However when I did an A/B comparison of the same song switching from Tidal to Amazon back and forth, Tidal sounded a bit more even handed on my system, Amazon seem to have a little too much energy in the upper mids and highs (for my taste). Trust me if I can save a buck or two usually you can count me in, so far I’m not convinced this is a good move for me. 
Of course YMMV.

Doug 
Exdmd, that’s my experience to a T.  I also notice that if you don’t adjust the sample rate, it’s upsampling everything which sounds worse than if readjusted to the actual rate.

I’m enjoying Qobuz Hi-Res more thanTidal MQA as well.  It sounds better to me and I like that there is more Hi-Res than MQA for my musical tastes.  Overall, I think Qobuz sounds best. Ymmv
Amazon has their own forum, with a dedicated thread to the Amazon Music HD service. They apparently don't take criticism well, there has been a lot of discussion about poor sound quality of Amazon Music HD compared to Tidal and Qobuz.

The moderators pruned the negative posts last night, cutting the thread from 16 pages to 8. A company who censors constructive criticism probably won't improve the service by even implementing Wasapi exclusive mode.
I have both Tidal and Amazon music an been using them on an iPad, MacBook Pro and Apple TV for the last few weeks.

They both sound good although I give Amazon the edge on sound quality.

I do not understand the complaints on Amazon sound quality. Some complainers must have sound system and DAC issues IMO.

The Amazon interface is much better than Tidal, which does not alphabetically list album and song lists. Big lists on Tidal are a mess to find a particular album or song.

I cancelled Tidal and started a yearly subscription to Amazon for much cheaper.

$240 a year is way too much for Tidal.