Amazing Solo Piano Recordings

I'm looking to get your oppinions on the best solo piano recordings available. Style or genre is not important as long as the recording is pristine, clear, open and in your oppinion AMAZING! Please if you can, state artist, label, etc., so we audiogoner's can buy 'em!
bwhite
Volados playing Schubert Solo Piano Works, which includes an outstanding version of the Sonata in G major (894). Who would have guessed that Volados could have given such a beautiful rendition - he really dumbed down the showy aspect of his earlier recordings. Excellent recording as well. And on the Sony label no less! Most highly recommended.
I like many of the Jazz and Classical recommendations that have been listed but for something really different try Lyle Mays last solo piano outing. It's unique and interesting.
Bwhite, about a year ago I was introduced to this CD by Roy Johnson of Green Mountain Audio. I had gone to the factory for an audition of his C3s and had taken what I thought was the finest piano recording I'd ever heard. We played mine, and it sounded really good. Then Roy asked me if I wanted to hear the best piano recording ever made? More than a little curious how he was going to top the one just played, I said "Of course."

The recording was done by an artist named Horzowski, whom I had never heard of. Horzowski was 94 years old when he made this recording, but don't let that stop you from buying a copy. Without question, the most real, live sounding recording of a piano I've ever heard, and a damned fine performance as well. If you disagree on the sound, your system isn't letting all the information through.

This one's a gift, boys and girls. All the particulars are listed below:

Composer: Ludwig van Beethoven, Fryderyk Chopin, et al.
Performer: Mieczyslaw Horszowski
Label: Nonesuch
Catalog Number: 79160
Audio CD (May 28, 1992)
Number of Discs: 1
ASIN: B000005IYG

Happy Listening!!

Dean
Michel Petrucciani, "Solo Live" is one of my favorites.
Dick Wellstood, "live at the Sticky Wicket"
Ralph Sutton, "Live at the Cafe Des Copains".
These are jazz masters and a great example of stride influenced piano artistry.
Enjoy!