Amarra or amarra symphony???

I've been doing some reading to decide between Pure Music and Amarra, finally decided on Amarra. Now I can't decide on which amarra to get. Just can't see spending $500 on amarra symphony unless its worth it. can you shed some light please
rezanazari
All of these players have versions that sound different. The best thing is to get advice from someone who has tried them all. I selected Amarra and I use an older version which can be loaded here:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=105236.0

Once you have Amarra, just go to the "extras" folder, do a "clear preferences" and then install version 4318.

Full Amarra has the huge advantage of not only sounding superior, it has an EQ built-in that is the best on the planet. Totally transparent. I use it at home at at shows. Its like replacing your $10K speakers with $100K speakers. EQ is mostly useful for the speaker and somewhat for room bass resonances. Here are instructions on how to use EQ:

http://www.empiricalaudio.com/computer-audio/recommended-systems

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
@ Steve...

"...Once you have Amarra, just go to the "extras" folder, do a "clear preferences" and then install version 4318..."

did you mean version 4319? this is the next thing i want to try with my late 2009 mac mini setup. i'm extremely impressed with this little rig (SSD, 8 gigs mem) running audirvana and would like to give amarra a listen.
thaks for all the input guys. Will, I have tried all three (audirvana, amarra and PM) and must say that I think amarra sound better. I did have some problems with PM, but the other two worked very well. So I'm going for amarrar
Audioengr - Srosenburg - yes its called 4318/19

I am constantly reminded that this is not an exact science. Our ears, system synergy (Source, speakers, amp, cabling, etc) & room dynamics all play a role in the perception what we hear. I read in another post Steve's comments regarding the sound of the older version of Amarra and downloaded that version for an A/B comparison to current version. The newer version was better to me in warmth (less analytical), better macro/micro transients, bit better staging and overall closer to what I would expect from the master recording. After reading numerous blogs I came to realize there are others who feel the same. That said, the best means to make a decision is to try them yourself and choose which you like the most. Reaching audio nirvana is like sand through your fingers - and the search goes on.