Amarra or amarra symphony???

I've been doing some reading to decide between Pure Music and Amarra, finally decided on Amarra. Now I can't decide on which amarra to get. Just can't see spending $500 on amarra symphony unless its worth it. can you shed some light please
rezanazari

Showing 1 response by gocubs999

Audioengr - Srosenburg - yes its called 4318/19

I am constantly reminded that this is not an exact science. Our ears, system synergy (Source, speakers, amp, cabling, etc) & room dynamics all play a role in the perception what we hear. I read in another post Steve's comments regarding the sound of the older version of Amarra and downloaded that version for an A/B comparison to current version. The newer version was better to me in warmth (less analytical), better macro/micro transients, bit better staging and overall closer to what I would expect from the master recording. After reading numerous blogs I came to realize there are others who feel the same. That said, the best means to make a decision is to try them yourself and choose which you like the most. Reaching audio nirvana is like sand through your fingers - and the search goes on.