Am I out of my mind? #obsessed

I have a pair of B&W 805d3 stand mount speakers. I dust them weekly with a microfiber cloth. From a few feet away they still look brand new but on closer examination they aren’t perfect. Tiny micro scratches and smudges. I had the thought of trying a polishing product or car wax to make them perfect again. Good idea or am I just #obsessed? 
paulgardner
For years I have cleaned piano gloss speakers using the following method with perfect results:
1) Lightly dust the speakers with a Swiffer Duster.  This will remove the loose dust particles without abrading the surface.2) Lightly mist the speaker with any high-quality auto detail spray.  I had good luck with Mothers.3) Spray the Mother detail spray onto your NEW microfiber cloth, folded into quarters.  Gently wipe the finish until you see the detail spray start to disappear.  Flip over the cloth for a final buff and you're all set.4)  As long as the speakers are not touched, usually you can get excellent results from just going back to Step 1, above, and not having to use the detail spray steps.
To fix existing surface scratches on used speakers I purchased, I have used Turtle Wax Jet Black Car Polish  and plenty of elbow grease with good results. 
Hello,
I owned an antique Ferrari and a modern Mercedes E350 black in color. I was obsessed with the finish. Probably spent 2-3 hours per section or panel of the car. When I was done like MC said you can’t focus on it. It looked like it was a liquid finish. Its true glazes and waxes are finish coats. It is better to get the clear coat perfect and use the sealers, glazEs, and waxes to add depth, not to hide imperfections. My REL subs have wax on the finish from the factory. When using these polishes you need lubricant like water or car liquid detailer. Your speakers might have wax or cleaner on them so do clean them off so you don’t embed the dirt into the finish. When buffing the idea is to keep buffing until the product is completely broken down while you keep lubricating it. Use the highest # of grit or finish polish since you are trying to remove micro scratches or spiderwebs. To clean spray a good microfiber towel,$10-$15 with water until it covers most of it without dripping. Next grab two corners closest to you and drag the cloth across with no weight applied to the towel except surface tension and the weight of the towel itself. The liquid acts like a lubricant while the towel grabs the dust. If you apply pressure you can scratch the finish from the towel or the dust on the speaker. If you can slowly lift the towel off or higher as you slide across. This way the dirt you pick up doesn’t touch the finish. Most important. “If the towel hits the floor it’s done.” You can use it for dusting your house or cleaning your windows. 
It's best to avoid the scratches rather than try to remove them. Remove dust with compressed air, not a cloth. If you don't have a small compressor, compressed air is available in aerosol cans for very little money. You can get the cans at computer and electronics stores, or on Amazon. 
I too have a black 911 and high gloss piano black speakers. I don't touch the speakers and never put anything on them and tell the cleaning people to stay away from any equipment, cable, speakers, etc.

Also, I don't look closely at them or I would start to touch them and even touching them (or the paint on a car) can scratch it.

Maybe if I see any dust I will use a duster for the car that doesn't scratch.

Agree with the P21S for wax and also try their paint cleanser and 3M hand glaze for the car. Also, don't drive in the rain.