Altec Lansing 541B Speakers

Hi I have a pair of old walnut (need care) Altec Lansing 541B sofa height (~26") of unknown condition as they've been in storage for many years.  Does anyone have a way to determine a value or should they be disposed?

Thanks for any feedback, I believe they were great in a Stereo System 40 years ago!

Archivist

archivist

Showing 5 responses by archivist

fiesta75 - If you are interested in my Altec's in as-is condition, I'd be happy to sell them to you.  I see a pair on eBay for $ 2999 (ridiculous!) so would be willing to part with mine for much less.  Let's discuss.

Archivist (Dave)

Good Morning Hosierinohio,

Thanks for the response I think I bought these back around 1968-69 along with my McIntosh MX112 & MC2505 (still have but unused at the moment).  Can't report whether the mice got in, doesn't appear so, but they were into other storage unit items.  This model 514B is called the Coronado and show a diagram of the control on the back (see pics).  I really have no way to use them now so am open to anyone who might be interested.

Thank you Russ69 for your comments.  I'm not sure how to proceed since I'm not sure of their condition or internals.  Perhaps someone in the network of Audiogon know of the these Cortina's.

I do appreciate the response to my question and information.  Again should anyone have information or and interest in these speakers, please let me know on the thread.

Archivist (Dave)