Allnic h-3000 power supply issue

I've been using my Allnic H-3000 for about a week now with no issues. Fantastic experience. Well I just went to swap the tubes from the Shuguang 5z3p to the Brimar 5V4G and now the power supply will not start up. The unit was unplugged when swapping the tubes and once swapped I turned the unit on and it illuminated. I went to put the box away and turned back around and the unit was off. 

Swapping the tubes back made no difference. I tried a different outlet and no difference. Any ideas or guidance? 

128x128j-wall

Showing 5 responses by j-wall

@whart thanks for the guidance. I'm a bonehead and step 1 should have been to check the fuse. Blown. Replaced and back up and running. Testing out a Brimar 5V4G. I'll be following up on your H-3000 threads and guidance. I've heard stillpoints and tube rolling, any advice on cables for the power supply?

I understand ya. Did you have any luck with any cables? Anything you did or did not like? I'm currently plugged into my Ps Audio P10 so I'll be experimenting with this and direct to the wall as wall. 

Im currently using a NOS Brimar GZ32 and have the Shuguang posted above as well. From what I've heard it can run a GZ32, GZ34, GZ37, 300B and Im sure a few others. 

@pops thanks for the advice. I've definitely got a mixed bag of AQ and Shunyata cables. I guess I'll just dive in and go for it. I think I read Albert porter was a fan of the stillpoints so I'll be dipping my toe in that realm first. Also, which Mullard did you try out and like?

@pops I'll be on the hunt for one of those GZ34 big base mullards. I will definitely report back when I try out the stillpoints as well. 

@lak thanks for the advice. I've never heard of any of those brands so I'll do a little digging and research on them. I continually hear good things about him so I always pay attention when I see him post.