AI-Written Stereophile Articles

Has anyone else noticed that some of Stereophile's articles are sounding decidedly "off" and just plain badly written? I have now read several that sound suspiciously like they're AI generated (bizarre phrasing, odd syntax, etc.). Just curious if others are noticing the same.

bojack

My day job is being Director of Content and media for a digital marketing agency. I can tell you that everyone is playing with AI generated content at some level. On top of this, everybody is using some form of AI grammar checker and grammar suggestion, such as Grammarly and a few others. That is probably why Content reads differently these days. 

For those whose careers were not involved in the large corporate business world and its motivations, you can be sure that AI was created by persons interested in one thing, to make as much money as possible.  Their goal envisions the replacement of jobs being manned by people with computers so the cost of employing people will be reduced as they are eliminated.

Costs will be reduced even more than outsourcing work to other countries.

I have an absolute disgust for anything AI. Articles, photos, video with AI narrators, immediately gets reported as false/misleading information.

+++@bolong, @nonoise

Fun experiment (or perhaps desecration): train AI to write like Harry Pearson. I still have mint copies of TAS from the age of innocence before CD.Â