AI-Written Stereophile Articles

Has anyone else noticed that some of Stereophile's articles are sounding decidedly "off" and just plain badly written? I have now read several that sound suspiciously like they're AI generated (bizarre phrasing, odd syntax, etc.). Just curious if others are noticing the same.

bojack

It's interesting that you bring this up. I have also noticed a decline in the quality of some articles lately. The phrasing and syntax in several pieces do seem odd and out of place, almost as if they were AI-generated or at least heavily reliant on automated tools. This is a significant shift from the high-quality, well-crafted content they are known for.

I wonder if this is a result of increased pressure to produce more content quickly or a deliberate move towards incorporating AI in their writing process. It would be reassuring to hear from the publication about their current editorial practices and whether they've made any recent changes that might explain the noticeable difference in writing style.

Has anyone else observed these changes? What are your thoughts on the possible reasons behind this shift?

Others on this forum said they wouldn't mind if music was AI generated as long as they enjoyed the music. Perhaps the same can be said about articles. 

Let 1000 simulations bloom. As longs as the pleasure is experienced, authenticity is just the hangup of the old. Progress!

Motley Fool uses AI for some of it's prescription-service financial updates.  It's very good.

My day job is being Director of Content and media for a digital marketing agency. I can tell you that everyone is playing with AI generated content at some level. On top of this, everybody is using some form of AI grammar checker and grammar suggestion, such as Grammarly and a few others. That is probably why Content reads differently these days.