AI and the future of music

Last night’s 60 minutes featured a deep look at Google’s new AI program BARD. Frightening, yet compelling.

It got me thinking, if their AI has already read everything on the internet, and can create verse, stories, etc in seconds…What could it do for music?

‘Hey , BARD create a new Beatles like song from the Rubber Soul era, but have Paul Rodgers and Jack Bruce singing”.

“Hey BARD, create a song that will melt the heart of my new girlfriend”.

your ideas?

128x1281111art

Showing 4 responses by 1111art

I am a retired professional illustrator. I've painted hundreds of jobs for Disney, Mattel, Dreamworks, Marvel, Universal, etc.

Just a few months ago I was shown images created by an AI program called Stable Diffusion. Some of the images are fantastic, and all created using written negative and positive prompts. Looks like I got out just in time.

Do you realize that we're now all on 'THE LIST', because Big Brother AI has read all these posts...

@rettrussell and ibmjunkman

Thanks for the 'Beatles' songs. So unexpected and welcome.

I don't think this has been addressed yet. As a professional artist, the age old question, "Where do you get your ideas from" is always asked of me.

Well, in my case it's a matter of closing off the floodgate of ideas. It's always been constant. I open the 'door' just a crack and let a few in at a time.

There are realms unknown to most people, accessible to all who have the correct 'key'. Inspiration comes from a particular place, accessed through the subconscious. I spent many years with a teacher who was a master at self-hynosis.

I SERIOUSLY DOUBT AI WILL EVER BE ABLE TO ACCESS THAT. At least until it learns to create a soul.

It will be stuck doing derivative works.

Someone needs to develop a mobile Faraday suit, so we can be 'invisible' to Big Bro.

If anyone has Netflix, I suggest you watch Black Mirror Season 6, episode 1.

It's part of the reason the writers and actors continue to be on strike. Plus you'll get to marvel at how Salma Hayek has held up...