Aesthetix Pallene

Has anyone heard or seen the new preamp from Aesthetix its called the Pallene any information would be greatly appreciated
128x128tomstruck

Showing 4 responses by tomic601

Update for @jafant  I have been helping a local guy w TREO CT get system dialed into room with MIMAS he has the Aesthetix card based DAC option and is streaming from Apple TV box to DAC via Toslink cable - speaker wires are AQ Rocket 33 in a bi-wire configuration- sound is punchy and super smooth - no hint of glare in a fairly large reverberant room. I can highly highly recommend this integrated amp w Vandersteen 
@jafant i would call Jim White at Aesthetix, he will know who has what and where close to you as I recall you are South of Atlanta?

I have heard Mimas with Treo CT, Vandy Sub 3 in a moderate sized room, approx 15’x18’, table was a VPI with a Delos, I missed IF it had the phono card.

sound was punchy and tight and Vandersteen smooth with zero fatigue.

last time I heard an Atlas it was in a system w Ayre CD spinner, ARC Ref 5 preamp and Vandersteen 7 mk 1 speakers. I have heard the Atlas signature since w other speakers. I would characterize the Atlas as MORE with drive a stake thru the center of the earth tight groove bass. The Mimas for the money is incredible!

now having said that, I have a soft spot in my heart for ARC tube preamps with SS Ayre power.

and in my reference system, I am blessed to have the Vandersteen 7 amplifier..
@tomstruck should be fantastic- I have heard the Mimas and Atlas ( many many times on the later ) both are wonderful. I think Jim certainly knows his way around a DAC. I have his Pandora- Signature and find it very musical.
enjoy !!!!
More to discover