Advice on CD transport

Here’s the situation:

Am purchasing two channel integrated amp with built in DAC shortly (likely Hegel H390. Love the DAC section).  Big CD enthusiast and I’m looking for a great transport under the $1k range (used is more than acceptable).  My issue is buying a standalone transport is too rich for my blood so looking for a CD player with awesome transport. I hate paying for the DAC in it I won’t be using but such is being audio poor. 
I’ve always liked the Rega line but am wondering what anyone has found/used.  If you’ve got any helpful input without getting into DIY, please feel free to chime in. 
CJ
cjlundberg
I use the Cambridge CXC. It’s okay. It’s pretty picky. There are various very standard CDs that somehow don’t quite meet red book (I assume that’s the issue) that won’t play on the Cambridge. I think one is Booker Ervin’s The Freedom Book, which is on the Prestige label. It plays on other CD players, including my old car CD player. There are others.

The display is terrible. Totally invisible from the distance at which you’d sit with a remote. And the remote is huge, with only a tiny portion of the buttons working on this unit. The others must be for components I don’t have.

Does the job though, usually.
Bel Canto CDT3 is a transport only.  I  don’t have anything to compare it to but it seems very good and is very basic in operation.  I like the slot loader also.  Might find a used one for around a $1k
My first CD transport is a Theta which broke and went to several other transports.  I like my current one which I've had for over five years.  It is a Raysonic tubed transport which I chose for its top loading features.  It's been working very well for me with my Benchmark DAC.

Imthorek
A Cambridge Audio CXC CD Transport, used, is on sale on Audiogon for $450
Well reviewed

I have been using a Denon CD player and have been unsatisfied but recently I bought an Audiolab 6000CDT which I play through my Audiolab 6000 integrated amp.  Sound is fantastic and the lack of any noise is wonderful as well. For under $600 the Audiolab cannot be beat.