**Advice Needed**Damage To Imported Speakers**

Hey everyone..
 2+ years ago I had a crush on the Heco "Aurora 700 Colors" model in the Sunrise Orange color..The ONLY place to buy Heco speakers in the USA had NO intention of bringing these in,so I contacted an Authorized Dealer in the United Kingdom,KRONOS AUDIO VISUAL (UK) LIMITED...
 They offered me a decent price so a deal was concluded..The speakers arrived in a few weeks & after unboxing one of them,visual inspection revealed a corner seam split open & separating about 6" long & up from the bottom..
 I immediately took several pics & emailed Kronos AV..NO reply..Week after week,month after month for the last 2 years I have emailed not only Kronos AV but Heco Germany as well..NEITHER company has EVER seen fit to even acknowledge receipt of my emails,let alone the actual problem..
 The Warranty was supposed to be 5 years & I really like the speakers sound BUT I couldn't ever sell them if I wanted because of the cabinet..So far the split has not expanded,probably because the speakers haven't moved since set up..
 ANY advice from the community on how to proceed from here?Am I just screwed & have no path to getting these fixed?
 Thanks very much.Take care..

freediver

Showing 1 response by deep_333

Are you sure it wasn’t sold as a "B" grade item or something (’B’ for Brit 😁 ) while you were talking with him? got lost in translation somewhere? I ask because he did give you a "killer deal"... a killer deal for a handy man/self made/ hardworking carpenter apparently!....If that’s not the case and all the packaging seemed solid (didn’t look like it got bashed and fell 10 feet on a ship or something), it could be that he just screwed you.

For anything perceived as a "higher risk" purchase, you should consider making such a purchase with certain types of credit cards with very good "purchase protection" benefits. The good ones will cover up to 50k at times for a consumer card. Typically, they’ll require a very high credit score, an annual fee, etc (miniscule in comparison to the cost of hifi). In other words, all credit cards are not the same. You will need to go with the big banking dogs and not some wimpy li’l credit union... The big dogs have more ways to cover you and screw him.