adding stereo preamp to rotel 1098 ht processor

can i do this using the 2ch bypass function by inserting a preamp in between the cd/dvd player analog outs and the processor? i don't beleive i am gettting the 2ch sound i could be. i use a cary dvd 6 as the player and have linn espek runing aktiv.
128x128avrij
You want to keep it simple and pure so not routing it thru the Rotel is always best.
thanks for the response. i have seen that desribed in the other threads but i thought the bypass would alow the preamp to send thru it's signal with volume control at preamp and set the rotel at a standard volume. i use a tad 150 sig at work, but no current preamp in ht setup. love what the tubes in the preamp do to a digital front and and ss amp.
I run the 1068 wich is pretty much what you have less the disply and I run a tube pre for 2 channel but I think you would do better by running the front R & L channels thru the tube pre as I do, I do not have a tube unit with HT bypass but I use its tape loop and simply need the volume at 12 o'clock for level matching during movies. You do not want you Rotel in the chain at all for 2 channel and they way I describe will do just that, after you run the LR out of your Rotel into the tube pre its outputs go to your amps as normal.