Adding a Dac and Stresmer

Looking for some advice and need you guys to check my thinking…
I have a PrimaLuna Preamp and Amplifier…..need a Dac and streamer….Being I have a preamp to my thinking I don’t need a Dac that has a preamp and volume, am I thinking right? The speakers are Klipsch Heritage so I think I should get a mellow sounding Dac, maybe a Denifrips Pontus with the Auralic Aries G1.1…..would be happy with a $5000 budget…

silverfoxvtx1800

@gilaad Thank you for sharing your impressions about the Holo Audio Red. I'm also interested in purchasing it for my second system (home office). A couple of questions if you can answer them ... can it act as a Roon endpoint? Also, does the IS2 out work with Denafrips DACs like Pontus 2?

Bryston was mentioned, they make great sounding products and an excellent company too. Ayre is another company you may want to consider. A friend of mine uses an Audionote DAC and really likes it. 

You can consider the Musician Pegasus DAC which is an R2R DAC, and a SMSL SD-9 streamer. The streamer even supports I2S, and so does the DAC. I2S is sonically superior to other interfaces.

Aurender is an excellent streamer with a great app. A big improvement in sound quality from Bluesound Node2 and has a detailed and natural sound as opposed to overly warm sound of Lumin streamer that I used to have.