Adding a Dac and Stresmer

Looking for some advice and need you guys to check my thinking…
I have a PrimaLuna Preamp and Amplifier…..need a Dac and streamer….Being I have a preamp to my thinking I don’t need a Dac that has a preamp and volume, am I thinking right? The speakers are Klipsch Heritage so I think I should get a mellow sounding Dac, maybe a Denifrips Pontus with the Auralic Aries G1.1…..would be happy with a $5000 budget…

silverfoxvtx1800

Aurender is superb. Not to mention a great app interface and fantastic customer support.

As mentioned Wiim Pro is an excellent streamer I got mine going to Cambridge M200  DAC  into a Luxman preamp.

+++++ Denafrips Pontus II (12th anniversary). I run a Bluesound Node 130 with LHY linear power supply, USB to a Denafrips Iris DDC, and I2S to Pontus II DAC…..and it sounds really really good, and has a stellar interface, $2,600 all in gets you there.

I know there is better sound to be had from an Aurender, 432 Evo, Innuous, Auralic, or Lumin. I can enjoy the great sound I have for now, while I save up the 5, 6, or 8 thousand it will to get to the next level. Then I’ll decide if I’m going to keep the Iris or not

If one can look for a route outside of the usual trail. There is a option that can prove to be a real contender to the Hi End offerings and maybe prove to be a End Game if all options for the devices are adopted.

A Aqvox DAC MkII with a Mutec 3+ can be found if a search is undertaken for approx' $2000. There are a few mod's that can be added, both internally ( will need a little help from a EE) and externally (such as a LPS) at a cost of approx' $500 for parts and supporting labour if required.

Once experienced in the home system, the road to find the devices to surpass the above two devices in use, will be quite long. If the modifications are adopted, the idea of searching for a alternative might be over for many years as said even End Game might be the discovery.