Adcom GFP-750, Rotel RC-1090, Parasound P-3, etc.?

Hi guys,
I am putting together a relatively budget 2nd system in my huge den.
The most confusing items are budget solid-state preamps.
I am looking for the most neutral, detailed and transparent solid state used preamp under $1,000.00.
I have 4 choices that I have been reading alot about lately:
Adcom GFP-750
Marsh b-2000
Parasound Halo P-3
Rotel RC-1090
Has anyone owned, heard, or compared at least 2 of these preamps?
If, so which is overall the most transparent, detailed, and neutral?
I was initially interested in the Parasound P/LD-2000, but after borrowing it from a friend, it was too darned bright for my tastes.
Thanks for your good advice.
audio_girl
audio_girl
Hi, I had the Parasound Halo P-3 preamp for a while & liked it a lot. Then I got a Marsh p2000b balanced preamp and consider this to be quite superior to the halo p-3. Marsh has more detail, better soundstage, more dynamics, a natural sound in my system. There is no strain or harshness to its sound, also very quiet. All I did was swap out the pre, so I got a good comparison. Also I used the parasound through the Direct inputs for best sound. Plus good ic's and a better power cord. So I was getting the most from it I believe. The marsh is in a higher class sound wise. just my .002 !
Post removed 
The Adcom is probably one of the most underated preamps around. It is a great unit and a steal at used prices. I keep one around "Just in case!" If it cost about $5000, it would certainly get a lot more respect. Well built to boot.
Beemer,
I feel exactly the same way as you!
I keep wanting to go back to the Adcom as well!
I have owned three or four of them myself.
In some ways it is the best preamp that I have ever heard, period.
In some ways I even prefered the Adcom to the Pass X-1 and X-2.5! The Adcom is quieter than the Pass units, and doesn,t have the ground loop problems that the Pass units can have.
The P-3 is a decent preamp, with gorgeous looks! I tried it for a few days. Its not bad at all for its price.
But, IMHO, the Adcom and the Parasound P/LD-2000 are superior in most all aspects.
I own a P/LD 2000. I agree with you, audio_girl, that it can sometimes be alittle bright and fatiguing on certain material, but its not that bad at all.
I have 0 experience with the Marsh or Rotel.
I would like to know myself how the Adcom 750 and the Rotel RC 1090 compare sonically.
Anyone?
Lanny
I use an Adcom GFP-750 on a second system myself. Mostly in passive mode. System is:

Levinson ML-3 amp
Adcom GFP-750
Cal Audio Icon MKII CD
a/d/s L1290 speakers

Nothing special in interconnect or speaker wires, yet this thing is quite musical.

I've been happy with the Adcom, in fact I have had three of them and I keep going back. At the used price point a good deal IMHO.

Best,

Paul :-)