Acoustic Zen Adagio vs. Harbeth S-HL5

Can anyone give me some insight into these speakers? The Harbeths are about $1500 more so I would like to know if they are worth the extra money.
128x128podolaw
Fafafion, did your Adagios come with the extended bases or without? Was wondering if your cerabase tweak applied to the more recent version of the speaker that has a black base.
Thank you for the in-depth description Fafafion. I do have some experience with the Karma 150 amps. I really love the Adagios, especially with my Gamut D200 amp.
I have the Adagios. Yesterday I started a thread in "miscellaneous" on my system. The thread is still in the "new thread" section. I would appreciate your input if you have experience with these speakers. (or even if you dont)

Fafafion, I have read your post before about the cerabases. What kind of floor do you have? Those cerabases cost as much as a used set of Adagios. I have been looking at some bases from Herbies which are only a fraction of the price of the cerabases. I havent tried them though. I did, however, take a look at my spikes after reading your posts. My spikes were loose. Tightening them and placing them on the provided discs did seem to tighten the sound quite a bit so I understand where you are coming from. I am cautious of spending thousands of dollars on tweaks. I still can't get over that hurdle.

Harbeth. I heard the Harbeths at RMAF last fall and loved them. I had never even heard of Harbeth at the time. I've only been in this hobby for 3 years. I was walking by the Harbeth room and was reeled in by the sound of the little P3esr speakers. They were sitting on stands next to the HLs5s and I had no idea that it was the little ones playing. The next day I went back and listened to the SHL5s I was blown away. I dont know why the sound moved me, but it was one of the best rooms I heard in the entire show. It sounded so good that I drove 12 hours round trip to go to the distributors house to hear them again. He had them in a very large open room with vaulted ceilings. This time they sounded a little thin although the staging was incredible. I was seriously considering buying them on the spot to replace my adagios. I came to my senses and decided to give my Adagios more time and tweaks. Sometimes I listen to music on my Adagios that seems as good as it could get. All that said, I would love to drop a pair of SHL5s In my living room to see what they sounded like. I'm guessing that I would be totally satisfied with the sound. I have no idea how the two speaker would sound side by side. You usually have to give up something to get something.

I hope I havent confused you more. I had to answer this post since I really like these two speakers. I would definitely try to listen to both of them. I'm sure you have already been to the Harbeth owners group. Keep in mind that most people love the gear they have.
Like I said before,the Adagio is not a finished product;But tweak them well ,and you will be rewarded accordingly.

If you think the cerabase is too expansive ,a cheaper alternative is to put them on the TAOC board.These are quite cheap in asia,thogh I do not know how much they cost in the US.With the TAOC board,the details just come through,bass becomes much more pronounced but the high can be somewhat thin..

The other Cera range footer from Finite Elemente are quite good too though not in the same league as the Cerabase.I have the speakers In my Library system;a simple system that consists of dcs puccini-Neodio 150 intergrated -and Argento cablings.The floorings are Solid Burmese Teakwood with a Large persian silk carpets just in fropnt of the speakers