Accuphase, fuses

Hello,

Reaching out to owners of Accuphase amps and integrateds, and also digital components. Do you, or have you ever, tried to swap out the fuses with aftermarket fuses? I don't yet own Accuphase but am thinking about going that route. I see many photos online of the interior of Accuphase gear, but I see no obvious fuse holders. In fact, it looks like you would have to remove things in order to get in the vicinity of the power inlet. Which I am not about to do. If the fuses are inaccessible, that would almost be a relief. One less tweak to be done with. ;-)

rfprice

@rfprice , yes, I have a whole loom of the grey and blue cables XLR and RCA. The only cables I had before were the Oyaide Tunami Terzo series, not a supermarket here of cables to try out, the Accuphase were a level up in transparency. 

For the MM Ortofon Black, the cables were low enough capacitance to meet the specs for that cartridge, and they sound like 'no cables'. For Accuphase source components, they supply either a grey or blue RCA, depends on what level the source is.

Equipment profile is here, FYI.

@blisshifi I would use the SR fuses but the website does not publish the fuse discrimination curves, so it's not possible to replace a SR fuse with the original. There's fast and slo, but that doesn't follow a standard and the cutoff times can vary quite markedly.

@dwest1023 

What Accuphase amp are you running ?  
Liike your description “Devine” that’s what I’m looking for. 

@rms456 

Thanks for this. I see you have the 750 player. I'm beginning to flirt with buying the new 770. That's wonderful if they include a pair of their cables. Only RCA? 

@rms456 

720, I meant. I don't suppose you've tested the balanced vs unbalanced connections between your Accuphase digital gear and amplifier?