Accuphase, fuses

Hello,

Reaching out to owners of Accuphase amps and integrateds, and also digital components. Do you, or have you ever, tried to swap out the fuses with aftermarket fuses? I don't yet own Accuphase but am thinking about going that route. I see many photos online of the interior of Accuphase gear, but I see no obvious fuse holders. In fact, it looks like you would have to remove things in order to get in the vicinity of the power inlet. Which I am not about to do. If the fuses are inaccessible, that would almost be a relief. One less tweak to be done with. ;-)

rfprice

@tecknik  

Ah, the bottom. That makes sense. SR Purple is what I use now in a few of my components. Did you experiment with directionality? 

@rfprice 

No I haven’t to damn heavy to be comparing direction of a fuse. Did you?

Which direction proved the most musical. Is the purple worth the hassle and expense over the Blue. 

@tecknik 

I don't yet own an Accuphase amp, but the difficulty of getting to the fuse may deter me from trying to tweak it that way. 

I have never tried the blue fuse, so I can't say. I can tell you that the purple is very good. 

FYI, yes the purple fuse is better sounding than the blue fuse. After seeing this thread I just ordered a purple fuse for my Accuphase. I have one in the Pass 250, my mac and hegal. All sound better with the purple.