Accuphase e800 or luxman m900u for sonus faber olympica nova 3

Hi all
Currently I have an aw250R electrocompainet equipment and I pre-loaded 4.8 mk2 with some sonus faber olympica nova 3 and I am thinking of improving my amplification.
I like the accuphase E800 and the luxman 900 preamp and stage.
They offer me the C900 exdemo at a good price, about 8000 Eur and giving my previous would stay at € 6750, they offer me very little for my previous when it is not a year old, it is practically new and costs 3 times more, you think it is worth it the change.
The idea was to take the previous luxman and leave the electrocompainet stage for a while until we could go through the luxman stage.
I would also value other brands that you would recommend if with this I make a leap in quality, I have also looked at pass, I do not know the model, but it may not go wrong with my boxes.
I appreciate your opinion, I have to make a decision soon.

Thanks a lot
Greetings to all
vini234

Showing 1 response by jond

A comment about Accuphase pricing, and surprised no one has brought this review up before. Soundstage posted a review a few weeks ago on the Accuphase C-2850 preamp. I know folks have talked about the crazy US pricing before but this really brings it into focus. SoundStage is in Canada, to quote the review:

"The C-2850, which replaced the C-2820, sells for $24,999 in Canada, but I must also mention the US-dollar price because that’s what we typically quote in our reviews: $34,500. In the US, Accuphase has a different distributor, and if you know about Canada–United States currency values, that’s a huge price discrepancy. According to the exchange rate around mid-June 2021, $34,500 USD converted to $41,932 CDN, while $24,999 CDN converted to just $20,568 USD! To me, that’s too big a price discrepancy for two countries situated next to each other and where people travel pretty freely back and forth (at least pre-COVID). But for the moment, I’m going to set the price issue aside—though I can’t help wondering if having too high a price has been a problem getting the brand established in North America."

That is just crazy so if you live in the US and want Accuphase your best bet, buy it in Canada!

https://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php/equipment-reviews/1571-accuphase-c-2850-preamplifier