Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
 George may quite possibly have vindicated his point of view ?
Quote from Larry Ho - Founder and President Light Harmonic 

"Da Vinci will support DSD64 and DSD128. 
We actually put TWO DAC's core into one chassis. Use best R2R structure for PCM RedBook And delta-sigma for DSD conversion."
Not that I wan to engage George. I really don’t because he is SO one sided. 
BUT. I just replaced my Davinci2 with a Pilium Elektra DAC that uses Delta Sigma chips, eight of them to be specific. And to my ears it bettered the mighty Davinci2, which is one of the best dacs ever built. 
My point being that R2R dac chips are awesome. And can make amazing  dacs. But it is not the ONLY way to get to  statement level digital conversion. Whereas George opines that R2R is the ONLY way to get to the top. 

I know I said over and out, but I can’t let this BS go on.

Not that I wan to engage George.

Well you just did again, and still can’t see the forest for the trees

Even though the mega dollar dac you "owned for years" (Light Harmonic Da Vinci) uses two different dacs, Larry Ho went to the trouble of doing both with, for PCM (R2R) and for DSD (Delta Sigma) 

Known facts:
R2R Ladder converts PCM (redbook 16/44 24/96 and DXD) "bit perfect"
Delta Sigma conversion does sacd (dsd), but can only give a "facsimile" of PCM RedBook

Once again,https://jonathanpearson.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/forest.png or there’s some other "unmentioned" reason.

And this is about what your!! title of this thread is all about,
ABSOLUTE TOP TIER DAC FOR STANDARD RES REDBOOK CD
not streaming or downloading!

I really don’t because he is SO one sided.
Now that is really the pot calling the kettle black

Thank you George. You have throughly proven your point. We all will only buy R2R ladder dacs now that you have opened our eyes. 
I stand corrected and apologize for ever contradicting your point. You clearly know best. 
👍🏻