About to purchase the Kef LS50W speaker want opinions about set up....

I recently heard the KEF LS50 Wirless speakers and can’t  believe how good they sound. I am looking for a system in my bedroom. My question is, I hear that the kef app is really bad and not worth using, since I have all my music on my computer in Flac, Will the Kef play it? Would I need to purchase an additional streamer, like the bluesound Node 2?

matt00
I use these in my bedroom paired with an SVS SB13 Ultra subwoofer.  Frankly, it is one of the simplest, best sounding 2.1 systems I have ever heard.  They amaze me every single time.  The software just went through a major update and it is much better now.  Streaming Spotify and Tidal are a breeze.  I have hooked them up to my computer as well, amazing sound again.

Gripes if you will.  No way of knowing (outside of the App) how loud you are playing these speakers.  There will come a time when they will scare the hell out of you by being too loud.  You can't see what input you are in from eye level, especially when laying in bed.  

All that being said, I would 100% recommend these speakers to anyone.  They are that good.  
Agree with the Isoacoustic monitor stands. I use them for my desktop running passive LS50 speakers.

I forgot the LS50W will be a ROON endpoint. That solves the software issue you have if you buy ROON.

My interest is peaked with these speakers. Seriously considering these to get back into audio. I've been gone for way too long!
Thanks OP for posting this thread!
Definitely go take a listen, I have purchased a pair the other day and I can’t believe how clear the voices sound (especially from Adel) and the bass from such a small speaker is craze. I am really enjoying sound!  
Thanks for the report! A good friend listened too them last weekend and was blown away! Until he told me about them. I didn't know they existed. Lol
I've been reading as much as I can on the easiest way to feed them. I'm probably going to start with a PC/HD as the source.