AA for us

Is there such a place for us audiophiles: Audiophile's Anonymous? I feel that at this point that I am showing all signs of an addict and I am no longer a functioning addict, unfortunately. 

The only upside is that it is distracting me from other harmful activities such as watching the news x hours a day.

grislybutter

@oberoniaomnia 

"We keep it for a very long time"

I'm like you but in my experience, this isn't always the case.

@grislybutter 

One cure is "buy once - cry once".

- it takes longer to get to a decision.

- that decision is better founded.

- no second guessing/FOMO anymore.

I also like Haroun - A British Audiophile's rule of thumb when upgrading: UPGRADE. Spend >3x as much, otherwise it is just shuffling deck chair on the Titanic.

That is why I treated myself to a Rega Naia for early retirement after about 2 years of looking around. It's an endgame component. If you are curious what else is in my system, I posted in the "System" section. https://www.audiogon.com/systems/users/oberoniaomnia 

Has a picture of the Naia with DIY leveling base :-)

Being mindful that every marriage and committed relationship is a personal choice, I have concluded it would not be wise to conceal my audio or sports memorabilia acquisitions or liquidations from my wife. Early in our marriage, we realized a joint bank account and open dialog was best for us. Our respective daily work schedules and family responsibilities were stressful enough without worrying if clandestine purchases could be orchestrated to avoid detection. 

Please understand I am not passing judgment. Conceding my wife of over 50 years does not share my enthusiasm for audio and seldom ventures into my dedicated music listening area, my enjoyment is enhanced by knowing she has given her seal of approval. Plus, she can read me like a book and has the art of internet research perfected. surprise        

@oberoniaomnia again, you are treating me as if I were normal, without serious issues angel One must show up for the intervention and be talked to, as a patient, to start the healing.

BTW British Audiophile is wicked awesome. 

You have an incredible system.