A few questions for Green Mountain Europa owners

I am considering these speakers and had a few questions. What are your overall impressions? What amp are you running them with? What types of music do they do best? Can you tell me of areas where they fall a little short?
thanks,

Chris
128x128tcbannon
Chris - I have posted my impressions here on other europa related posts - but in a few words - my thoughts are clear, articulate, transparent, involving, great soundstaging, tight bass, nice extended airy top end without being harsh, amazingly coherent. The timing of my music has changed a bit, for the better, and I think its because of how well integrated they are. I hear things I used to miss with other speakers (and I had a pair of very very well respected electrostatic hybrids before these). I use a levinson 331 amp with them. I don't feel they fall short in any way. Give them a listen - I'm sure you will be glad you did.
I'm running the Europas with a 30 watt/channel hybrid amp with excellent results. The amp has more than enough power for the Europas. Honestly after listening to many monitors I can detect no weaknesses with the Europas. Their low level detail, transparency and soundstaging are unsurpassed in my opinion. They can play very loudly and at the same time retain all their musicality at very low levels which many speakers cannot do. I've tried several cables recently and in each instance could very easily hear differences between the cables. They are not a warm sounding speaker however they are very fast and live sounding and do an incredible job of bringing the musical event to the listener. They play all types of music well even though they do not have deep bass. The bass they do have is very tight and detailed and I have them supplemented by a rel sub. If I had to point out any weakness it would be the long break in time. These speakers need at least 200 hours to sound their best. They improve tremendously from about 100 hours to 200 hours. Also, Roy the owner is a pleasure to deal with.
Tennis,

I'm glad you mentioned the 100-200 hour time frame improvement. I am at the 100 hour mark right now.

Regards,
I won't bother repeating what the posters above have said, but I will say that I agree completely. They are, IMO, a very rare bargain.
I narrowed my selection down to three: the Sonus Faber Concerto, Revel M20, and the GMA Europas. I auditioned the SF's and the M20's, then decided to give the Europas a try (at less than 1/2 the price). They won hands down, although I still hold the other two in very high regard. Something else that I find rare about the Europas is that you can find them in solid but modest systems like mine (which is very similar to Phasecorrect's) and also in very expensive, truly high end systems such as Tennisjunky's (I think that's the system I'm thinking of). This in itself speaks to the value that these speakers represent.
Where do they fall short? Some are not as fond of their appearance, although I actually like it. They are probably best suited for modern tastes. I like the way they look because they are not the same old wooden boxes. Another drawback (although it is also a BIG strength) is their weight. They are around 45lbs, and require either a very sturdy shelf or preferably a nice set of stands.
As others have already said, Roy is a pleasure to do business with, an added bonus. At this price point you won't find better service and advice.