A brutal review of the Wilson Maxx

I enjoy reading this fellow (Richard Hardesty)

http://www.audioperfectionist.com/PDF%20files/APJ_WD_21.pdf

g_m_c
Cdc

My advice is to write a letter to the editor of Stereophile in order to ask your questions and to get a response in the proper fashion
Dear George et al,

My store was on Queen Street East, in "The Beaches". It was there from 1981 to 2001, though there were a few years I did not own it. First it was in "the basement", but from 1999 it was on the second floor, using part of my apartment. During the final two years it was part-time, weekends only. Adrian Low was my customer back in the 1980s. Thanks for the kind words.

On to Fremer's latest B.S. "defense" of his reckless charge.

(Funny he never mentioned his sending Phonogram the same letter before, as if it wasn't relevant. Note also how he views the Phonogram "subscribers" very differently than the "commoners" here and at Stereophile. No mention of too much "vino" either.)

Fremer- "Phonogram is a subscriber based list, not a public website but these distinctions matter little to him"

Salvatore- Fremer now wants you to believe that because Phonogram is "subscriber based" it is not in the "public" domain. That's beyond being a ridiculous claim. It's a total insult to the intelligence of the readers of this website.

If what Fremer stated was actually true, that would mean that every "subscribed" publication and newspaper, tiny or huge, including the New York Times and Stereophile itself, were not in the "public".

The Reality- As soon as you allow anyone (a third party) to read something, in print or on the web, for free or for a reasonable price, it is in "the public domain".

So, we have one more failed attempt by Fremer to shamelessly mislead the people he deeply feels are all "idiots". Yes, when he uses that word, one of his favorites, he's finally being very sincere.

On a personal note, I appreciate all the kind comments, but...

Unfortunately, I can't post here on a regular basis because of 1. Time Constraints and 2. I'm a slow writer, who edits almost obsessively to convey my impressions and feelings as best I can. Quick, accurate, written responses are not my strong-suit. However, requests made here for simple clarifications are fine, within reason.

Finally, I'm more than a week behind in my e-mails due to Hurricane Wilma and other matters.

As per Fremer's request, here's the link to his latest letters to me, where he threatens me with a "Libel Suit" and also sets some sort of record for personal insults per sentence.

www.high-endaudio.com/RR-FREMER.html
Why bother? Even if a reviewer says a speaker sucks, I still would take the speaker if it is musical to my ears. David Wilson is a very dedicated man. Even if his creation is flawed (which speaker isn't?), he will spend every effort to get the best compromise and to get the things right what he thinks are the most important.
1.i think audiophiles and magazines have trouble accepting criticism. we don't think twice when a car magazaine critize a 70-80k car from mercede or bmw or whatever because it didn't handle right or the engine was noisy or whatever. yet when someone criticze a hi end component, people get too defensive. most of the mags i read like TAS and stereophile give rave review on most products. i can't remember how many time the magazine proclaim that this product can compete with some thing that sell for 2x .3x or whatever product. since most of us don't have access or time to listen to these product. let me kwno what the 2x 3x products you are comparing to, so i know what your compairng to.
2. what consititue a hi end/fidelity product. using the car ananlogy, even when magazine critize the mercede/bmw model, the reader can read the spec ie 0 to 60 mph accel. cornerning, interior space... etc.and still come away with a farily good ideal how the car perform. ( like bmw accelerate better that honda cvic )yet in audio community, there isn't standard sets of measurement that everyone agree to taht constitue high performance. just by saying it sound good to me doesn't cut it in my book. the product should be compare to a reference( reviewer's reference ). in what category is it better than your reference. clarity? bass, extension? so the novice reader like me have an ideal what he/she mean.
just my 2$