6922 tube rolling recommendations

I've been tube rolling tubes in my Bel Canto SEP-1 preamp.
I've gone from Sovteks to Jan NOS to Mullard(1970's version I think....$35/ea from Triode Elec) The Mullards sound much better...quieter background, better top end extension...it's really sparked my curiosity about trying other NOS tubes. I see VTS selling various Telefunken, Siemens, Amperex, and other older Mullards. Can anyone recommend a good step up from my current Mullard gold pins?
highdecibel

Showing 1 response by gundam91

The best place to find out more info about various 6DJ8/6922/7308 tubes is at www.audioasylum.com Check their FAQ section. There's an excellent post specifically comparing various 6DJ8 family tubes available. I find it excellent reading. But, of course, results will vary depending on equipment. Also, there are various vintage for each tube. That said, I ended up collecting about 300 tubes in this family within the past 3 years, and was able to test different ones in my system. I've just tried some Siemens CCa in my system, and found them to be too lean and dry for my system. Every other tubes has tradeoffs. For me, the best one so far seems to be the Mullard 10M 6DJ8s. Except, they are very, very rare. I've settled for Amperex 7308 PQ White label.