$500 USB cable

Someone is trying to sell some fancy (used and 2 ft long) USB cable for $497.50. I am genuinely curious since I am no expert. What does this ultra expensive USB cable do to your audio system (besides transferring digital data)?
jkbtn

Showing 2 responses by audioman58

I have had a few currently the Audio Quest Diamond it is very good at the harmonic structure  and tonal balance of the song. I have had the 
Wire World Platinum 2 it had slightly better resolution  at the expense of warmth and and density of image. If you have a warm tube system the Wireworld is better
being more neutral.  The Audio Quest Diamond if you want  a bit more warmth  
and image saturation .
Many hood observations . Trust me if I could get away with a $10  Beldon USB 
cable i would use it Ihave personally tested several cables directly from Audiophile friends  and I would say starting at the $100 range it is a major step up in USB sonic vs the $20 cable l.  Then  say Silver starlight -Wireworld 
very respectable at $300  . All depending how well your audio system is your digital for sure should. Be very resolving to spend $300 end up.
i will say the Cardas for $200 is a very respectable warmer sounding cable 
and not break the bank. I got my AQ Diamond for under $400 as a package 
with a Aurender 100 player. I will say install a synergistic black fuse 
the writing  on the fuse  left to right installed  towards the source these fuses especially after 100 hours of play time resolution Very much improved for $120
well worth the effort  And comes with a 30 day like it or get your money back .
you have nothing to loose.