5-10k budget... so many choices

So its that time of year where I get to combine my tax return and annual bonus.  I am looking at stepping into the world of hi-fi and the more I research the more questions I have.  I am mainly looking at creating a 3.2 soundstage for 50/50 home theater and music listening.  I originally started out with a budget of 5k but after listening to step ups I am open to increasing my budget to ~10k.  I have listened to the B&W 702's, 804's, 803's the GoldenEar Reference, the Focal Kanta 2's, and Martin Logan 60t's.  After listening I was quickly able to eliminate the ribbon style of the Martin Logan, as for the GoldenEar's and the lower B&W's I was impressed with the accuracy and composure of both speakers and could have otherwise been quite content but it all changed once I heard the Focal's and 803's. I truly felt them, they gave me that indescribable goosebump feeling and I dont know if I can go back.  So far if I had to pick one, I would hands down go with the Focals, but since I am starting from the ground up I want a speaker that can grow with my setup.  Initially I will be using a Marantz 7012 AVR but will eventually add either 2 channel or dual mono block amplification.  At any rate I was curious what other speakers in this range give that feeling of experience and presence, the goosebumps.  Ideally I would like to be able to incorporate a center channel and dual subs but at this point I put more priority on the quality and clarity of the towers as they are the stars of the show.  Anyway I appreciate and thank you for any feedback and ideas.

Cheers
128x128lowspark
(((I am completely taken back by your continued mention of Raidho speakers being “bright” or too detailed. They have perhaps the most magical tweeter on the planet. I haven’t ONCE heard them sound bright or fatiguing in any way.)))

I think what he meant was Raidhos can be hard to live with as not being able to play with the finesse on voicing, for example, One of our listeners that had the 70K plus Raidhos found female voices hard to live with its multiple drivers blending or transition and traded into Vandy 7s, now very satisfied.

As for the OP the Vandy Treo CTs should definitely be on his list as he may also discover and appreciate its unique Time correct design works as well ..
Best,
JohnnyR
Well he very obviously didn’t mean that if you read his posts.   Also not sure what you’re talking about with female vocals.  Never heard anyone mention that about Raidho speakers before.  

I don’t disagree with your recommendation of Vandersteens though.  :)
It would seem we were in the same boat and I we chose Focal originally we did 2-1 then 3-1. Then 5-2.  What really sold us was the sound and the expansion.  I like focal for a lot of music but what my wife loved was the Movie experience.  Focal is where that is and you can’t go wrong!  I paired the focal with Anthem amps. 

We do have our own music room, and that runs a completely different setup but, Focal is hard to beat, I like Spendor (can’t really expand as far as home theatre) and a quality tube amp the best! B&W (top of the line) is fantastic as well Focal but $10,000.00 won’t do it unless buying used.  

My current home theatre setup is $20,000.00 not all at once of course.  My listening room is triple that if not quadruple!  $10,000.00 is a great start!  I am still impressed by Focal and better yet the wife actually shows it off! It really is beautiful setup!  
Lowspark, I was at RMAF all 3 days this past October and had the opportunity to hear most of the speakers mentioned in this thread. One, and only one of them made me want to upgrade; the Focal Kanta. Upon first listen I just melted into my seat and did not want to get up. Acoustic instruments and voices seemed convincingly real. They are detailed without being bright, imaging and soundstage were just right, but most of all they had an organic quality that was irresistible. My wife joined me on Saturday and her response to the kantas was identical to mine. We kept coming back to this room, but the biggest problem was getting visitors to give up their seat. Everyone that heard them seemed gobsmacked.
By comparison, some $10,000 floor standers down the hall sounded boring and even a bit irritating (poor setup was a contributor)
The Kantas were driven by all Naim gear.
I haven’t heard them again since RMAF because if I do, I’ll likely be $10k poorer.
We also heard the Sopra 2 and preferred the Kantas. Sure, the Sopras did some things better, but they didn’t have that same organic quality of the Kantas. As always, this is just a subjective opinion based on my particular taste.
Seattle: in the university area, you've got a great cluster of three, Hawthorne, Audio Connection, and Definitive, and downtown Tune was very welcoming too.