$40,000: What 2-channel system would you build?

If you had $40,000 (USD) to build a system from scratch, what would you assemble?
Used prices or new prices are welcome.
Solid state, tube, mixed ideas are welcome.
Speakers?
Pre?
Power?
Source?
TT?
Cables?
...let’s say for a medium- to med/lrg- sized room...
...no need to worry about sound treatments or power conditioners, let’s assume that’s taken care of...
Would love to hear what you would build and why you would build it. If it’s what you already have built, great. Share why you love it.
Thanks in advance for any of your builds :)
jo1mtb

Showing 1 response by willgolf

I am a total Lumin fan owning the A-1 and now the X-1.  That is a great start.  I can't say enough positives about Lumin.  I had mine paired to Sonus Faber Amati Tradition Homage Speakers.  Prior to purchasing the SF's, I direct compared to the Wilson Alexia 1's.  There was no comparison as the SF's beet the Alexia's in overall music and sound by a large percentage.  You can get used SF's for $17-22k.  I had a Raven integrated MK2 Reflection Tube Amp.  It was also great.  IMO you can save money by buying an integrated whether it is a tube or a Luxman or Gryphon.  I also have a brand new pair of Mola Mola Kaluga and Makua Amps that have never been used that I am going to sell shortly.  I decided to go a different route and going into horn speakers.  The Mola Mola Amp and Pre amp retail for $28k and I will be listing them shortly for $14k.  They can drive any speaker you could possibly buy.  I am buying a whole new system because I just sold my house and all of the audio equipment.