$25k speakers, are we there yet?

ASR members walk away. For the rest of us.

These big expensive speakers really do need the stars to align for us to ever reach their potential so when my last speakers didn't do well with the source I had instead of upgrading the source I swapped speakers. What do you need to hear/see/know about your speakers to take the next step and build a 20 year system around them?

128x128steve59
david_ten

5,244 posts

Hmm. Stock KTM exhaust or aftermarket with a tune / ECU remap?

midpipe, sas removal and the akra map :) The dealer just made me a crazy offer on my 2016 for the 22 evo so next week it’ll be a full akra on a matte blue evo.,

Buying and selling used I have tried a half dozen speakers I was interested in, There were still a few pair on my list when a pair of near new Blades came up locally so I bought them. I think these are the ones but there’s still 1 pair in particular I really wanted to hear b4 settling down. Now to finance those V A ’The Music’ I would have to sell my Blades, and then it might take some serious luck to resell the VA’s and find another pair of Blades for what i’d sell for. I know I’m a first world wuss and yes when I’m playing my system I’m not thinking about the one that got away. If you’re still with me I think audio groups would serve us well, music lovers with my ’grass is always greener’ affliction. Anybody in the far west chicago suburbs want to try and get something going, or invite me into an existing group?

I agree speakers are 50-60% of the total experience.  

I've gotten the audiophile bug again.  I've been an audiophile for over 50 years. No upgrades for 12 years.    

I started listening to new speakers, a well priced pair of B&W 800s. They were not to my liking. I felt them harsh.    

In the other room were outstanding speakers and after many many hours of listening went with the Sonus Faber, Ill Creamonese Ex3me.  To my ears they are magic.   I expect these are my 20 year speakers. 

I resisted HTbypass but the 2 channel through the AV processor (marantz AV10) is not fantastic.  Tidal through the Moon 390 is fantastic.   I may be done.  Then this can be upgraded.

My source is digital only as I lost all Cds and vinyl 12 years ago in a fire.