$ 2500 ....Stay with Vandersteens ??...what else ?

Please refer my "system" to see my current set-up. Everything sounds wonderful together.....extremely musical, great soundstage depth and width, beautiful rendition of timbre and tone, natural presentation of voices and acoustics. BUT....I have the speaker "upgrade itch," wanting fuller, richer, deeper sound, and I need advice from my friends at Audiogon.

I spend around three hours a night of "serious listening," about 2/3 digital and 1/3 vinyl. Roughly 70% of my enjoyment is 1950's - 1960's jazz (Miles, Coltrane, Basie, Rollins, Brubeck, Ella, Mobley, Morgan, etc., etc.), 25% "classic rock" that I grew up with (Allman Brothers, Dead, Dylan, CSNY, James Taylor, Joni Mitchell, Led Zep, Yes, Hot Tuna, etc.), and the other 5% "newer jazz audiophile stuff" (Patricia Barber, Rebecca Pigeon, etc.)

Keeping the rest of my system the same (except for bi-wire speaker cables if needed), what do you guys recommend for new speakers ? Vandersteen 2CE Sig. II's seem a natural option, but what else should I consider ? I'm open to all kinds of suggestions. Thanks a lot, and Happy Listening !
adam18
..by the way DR. Adam.....you can do lots of things to make your system sound better than changing speakers. How 'bout experimenting with cables, placement, resonance control devices, AC plugs, etc.
Been there, done that..... You're absolutely correct, Stringreen. Over the past two years, I've swapped out the stock power cords for SignalCable MagiCord AC lines, I've carefully followed Richard's guidelines with my Vandersteens placement and tilt-back, I've upgraded my interconnects to AQ King Cobras, I've replaced my Rega table's felt with a Herbie's mat, I've added the Rega TT-PSU, and I've played around with the room's furniture positions ......all in an attempt to optimize my system's sound. All these "changes and upgrades" have brought a sense of cumulative improvement that's been pretty noticeable to my ears and to the ears of my family and friends.

So thanks for your response. By the way, your system looks like it's mighty fine. I bet it sounds great. Enjoy your music, and Happy Listening !.
11-14-09 iser
Another option is the use of a 2wq sub. This will further enhance the performance of the main speakers by relieving your amp from having to drive the full range speakers.It really opens up the mid range and tweeters.I use to have vand 2c's added a 2wq and was amazed by the change in sound. Have since moved to 3a sig's still use 2wq love them. With the 2wq integration with the mains is no problem. Look on Vandersteen home page for more info on the 2wq its a great read. iser
Good point, Iser. I added a pair of 2Wqs to my 1Cs a few years ago. I can't imagine a better value (especially at used prices) in subs than these. As I sought to upgrade speakers, keeping the 2Wqs was never in doubt. To my delight, the 2Wqs blend beautifully with my Ohms, which are quite different than the 1Cs. I just dropped each 2Wq into a corner, dialed in the controls, and got tight, deep bass that energizes the room - and my guts! No boomy, one-note bass whatsoever. Best of all, the 2Wqs are simply invisible: It just seems like your main speakers are on steroids.
Thanks for the subwoofer idea..... John Rutan had suggested this a while back. I'd have to send my Rogue Cronus back for modifications so it can connect to the sub(s) and the 1C's. For the $$$ involved in modifying my amp and buying the sub(s), it's propbably a similar investment as selling my 1C's and buying a new pair of 2Ce Signature II's. Meanwhile, until my "personal economy" improves, I'm extremely happy enjoying my wonderful system just as it is right now. Happy Listening, and best wishes to all of you for a Happy Thanksgiving !!