2024 Audio System Wish List

I’ve been doing this for years now- and it’s time for our 2024 wish list!

In 2023 I explored the world of room treatment and purchased a modest amount of products from GIK and Acoustimac, and for an approximate $400 investment, I was extremely satisfied how it really helped my music listening experience- far more than any $400 cable ever has.

My goal for 2024, as it has been for a number of years now, is to explore and add more music. Streaming has been a fantastic way of exploring new to me music, and in some instances after streaming an album, I also wound up buying it on vinyl.

I will probably add some more room treatment, but not much more.

What’s your audio goal for 2024? A new preamp? A DAC? More music?

Enjoy 🥂

128x128zavato

1. Power conditioner or power regenerator. Aq Niagra 5000 or ps audio p12, leaning towards p12.

2. Audience front row or cardas clear or clear beyond xlrs in .5m and 1m lengths.

3. And maybe 4 cardas pc.

4. A bass trap and more aqoustic panels. Here and there.

That should cover the next 3 years of saving for me. Lol

My wish list in no particular order:

Second REL S/812

Farad or Sean Jacobs LPS for M Scaler to complement my SJ DC4/ARC6 DAVE LPSU

Beginning room treatment (I know…but they’re so ugly)  

Super-tweeters for my Tannoy Kensingtons 

Upgrade to Transparent Reference IC for DAVE from current Syn Res Element Copper 

These were simple wishes for 2024

1. Replace wifi extender with ethernet cable to streamer

2. Upgrade and reclock wifi router and get new linear power supply

3. Purchase Uptone EtherREGEN Gen2

Has changed a little. Have bought:

Asus RT AX86U Pro router. FiiO PL50 LPS for modem. Upgraded coax cable to Canare for my modem. SR Orange fuses for 5 x LPS, and one HiFi Tuning Supreme. Upgraded USB cable to Mad Scientist Gold. Have Blue Jeans Horizontal Cat6a in-wall ethernet cable ready to install. Installed a Furutech NCF FI-33 IEC inlet on my Puritan PSM156. Stack Audio Auva 50 for my equipment rack. And, have just bought an Innuos Phoenix USB Reclocker.

Other than the Innuos Phoenix, all are smallish changes.

Still have the Uptone Audio EtherRegen Gen 2 in line when it is released.