2023 AXPONA Show Report

Here's all the Exhibitors at this year's show  

https://axpona.com/exhibitors

You all got to hear the all new Mon Acoustic Supermon Isobaric Speakers and Sanctus Cables, they must be heard to be believed ! They will at Booth 646 at this Show !

Who's going to this Show ?

rick2000

Showing 2 responses by atmasphere

We tried to connect our phone via BT to the Topping DAC in the room but they didn’t have the remote control to do the pairing.

@smatsui In case you ever run into this again, the Topping does not need the remote to switch inputs. You push the main power button to do that. All the functionality of the remote is duplicated on the front panel. I though Matt knew that- sorry about that!

Would love to know how those Class D mono’s played with the Carbon 7 speakers.

I thought they worked pretty well. I got a better match with the sub on the second day by angling it a bit to reduce standing waves in the room. The Carbon 7s were running full range. The sub was just there for the bottom octave.

Depending on when you were in the room, the sound was really variable simply due to the recordings themselves. I found out the hard way decades ago that there's no accounting for taste and personally can't stand most 'audiophile' recordings. So I just play what I want to hear, unless I get a request.

Its always surprising to me to see people walk in, and even though a chair in the sweet spot is available, they sit to the side... and might be there for 15 minutes. Those little rooms don't allow you a lot of flexibility to get a wide sweet spot, so the center chairs are really the only game in town.