2021 audio system wish list

So, what changes, if any, are you planning to your system for 2021? 
128x128zavato

Showing 6 responses by zavato

I’m glad to see people have plans on way of increasing their musical enjoyment in the coming year. 
I’ve not changed any gear in over 5 years as I’m at a place where I’m quite satisfied.

For the past few years I’ve known my phono cartridge is aging- I’m not even sure when I bought it but it’s at least 18 years old. 2021 seems to be the year of the cartridge for me as it’s now unmistakable that it’s asking to be retired 

aside from that- more music!! 
@ozzy

That’s ridiculous-

I was just talking to a buddy that is a doctor- we get prioritizing people who work with COVID patients all day long. But age is also a factor- and no, a 70 year old should not wait the same time as a 16 year old. What should be done is create a sliding scale- 90 + gets the vaccine first; next tier, 80-90, and so on. The problem in the US is that with 50 states and no national policy, there are 50 different schemes on distributing the vaccine.

“All this for a virus that kills 2 in every 10,000.”

check your math

in the US the death rate is approximately 175 per 10,000. 98.25% survival rate. 
@pokey77 

before going the power conditioner route, if you’ve not done so already, a dedicated power line to your listening area is something I strongly suggest. You might find that is all you really need, and even if not, it’s still quite a good system enhancement 
In addition to replacing a cartridge that is at least 18 years old, and possible older (I can't recall) I am also considering rethinking how I listen to high resolution audio which presently is via a MacBook Pro, running JRiver, into a DAC via a USB cable. 
Well, as I suspected I would, I replaced my decades old Arkiv B phono cartridge with a Kandid. What I unexpectedly did s well was sell my info 1 power supply and substituted, in its place, a Lingo 4. 

And since late winter I have been into streaming, using Qobuz via my laptop to my DAC and I am exploring a dedicated music player, but with my cartridge and power supply purchase, a streamer will have to wait for 2022.