2019 300B tubes that are worth the money?

OK, I'm not a super rich audiophile that has unlimited money to blow.  I have a pair of Cary 300 CAD300-SE monoblocks i bought used that currently have a pair of TJ/Full music tubes in them.  I am, overall, very happy with the sound.  So does anyone have a strong opinion that any of the $1000 a pair current production 300b tubes are really worth the money over my $300 pair?  Would my money be better spend on a needle upgrade for my turntable?  :-)
128x128argonsteele

Showing 2 responses by sns

@nascimento1958 Not first issue of reliability I've seen with Takatsuki, part of reason I didn't go with them.

Regardless of whether amp or tube at fault, I simply don't understand why so many of these tube manufacturers can't produce robust tubes. It seems like EML and WE have produced robust tubes, so it can be done.

Psvane Acme continue to impress, nearing 90 hours, we'll see as to reliability.

I've been desiring 300B upgrade for going on year, unable to decide due to observations of costs and benefits for each and every variant. Finally threw the dart and came up with Psvane Acme, thus far so superior to prior Shuguang Black Treasure regret not doing this long ago. I have yet to see negative review of Acme based on sq, only on reliability, same as I see for Takatsuki.

In regard to reliability, durability, tubes may not always be at fault. Some amp manufacturers run tubes at higher plate voltage than these tubes designed for, responsibility for short tube life needs to be placed on amp manufacturers. One should measure or insist on plate voltage specs prior to amp purchase.