2017 Honest Cabling that doesn’t promote bankruptcy

Looking for experiences and recs for current mid to upper mid level cabling solutions

I’m talking about ICs and Speaker cables that do not require plans for high jacking an armored car with a couple gallons of chloroform and a helicopter with a really big magnet?

Neither is it a matter of seeking out an ‘all system’ same brand and model loom, though it could be.

In Your opinion and or experience which signal cables (or mix of) have proven themselves recently to enable a revealing system to maintain or demonstrate its integrity, truth and musicality on its best level?

Or, in other words, With which current line of wires or ‘cables’ would you feel very confident using to connect your upscale stereo outfit in 2017?

New, or pre-owned?

… and why, please?
Thanks so very much. j
blindjim

Showing 4 responses by pops

There are tons are very good cables under the 1K mark.  I have not found 4 figure cables that I could live with long term - my components are probably not worthy.  

Some great suggestions in the thread - for me, I prefer to switch cables in and out on occasion depending on my mood and also because I dig cables (and have a cable fascination - hate the word addiction!)  I have come to the conclusion that I would rather have a nice inventory of cables to play with rather than one or two really expensive ones.  However, your bank account may vary. 

^^Well put Shubert, my thoughts exactly…Hey, what am I thinking now? LOL!

I have also tried more cables than I care to count although I did that once and could not believe it.  Tone and Timbre are the most important elements to musical reproduction in my system.  Imaging and soundstaging are more audiophile trickeration and an added bonus to the enjoyment.

pops
more or less, I’m fully on board with your idea.
The problem as I see it is having a known quantity at some point with wires. Even placing an IC into source to per, from pre to amp can alter things substantially.
But I’d thereafter not revert to a configuration which lessened the outcome. Regardless. I’d simply sell the wires I’m not digging in my rig, IF trickling them down into another system was a poor notion.
Trickle first, sell after, when possible.

Blindjim
you are correct about quantity of cables - I have plenty in back up but none that are ultra expensive. I do sell those if they are not in use.

I am currently using a loom of Kubala-Sosna Fascination, IC’s, SC and PC’s. They are a very solid match to my system which includes Thiel speakers. I have had them about 3 years and have craved to upgrade to the Emotion level. And there I go again - trying to get into 4 figure cables again. Since I retired recently they are just a little pricey for me and quite frankly, my system….and the Fascinations do a fine job. Don’t know if you have tried KS cables. Full bodied with nice tonal balance - in my system.

I seem to remember you had MIT’s for a while. I have owned and tried a ton of those...
Kubala always interested me. For about a minute. Seeing the preice tags blew me away immediately. Oil well.

No doubt, KS are not shy about their pricing.  Would love to try Emotions but no way I pay the asking rate.